Monday, February 13, 2012

Cruise - Venice p1


Ahhhh, Venice - the City of Love.    
NOT! I hate this place. It is filthy. It looks as though the patrons dump gallons of trash into the water on an hourly basis. I exaggerate - I didn't hate it per say; it just wasn't what I thought it was going to be. There are beautiful parts of the city. It is old, and the history is fascinating. The buildings have so much character. There was one point when Joel and I were resting and I saw a staircase going down into the water, and I wondered - where did this city all start? I could see at least 6-7 stairs below the surface of the water. I wish that I could scuba dive through Venice. Now that would be amazing.


Things we learned:

1. Venice is not as cool as everyone says it is.

2. Shop around for a Venetian mask. At one shop it is 80 euro and the next 30. Cheapskates...

I want this one when I'm rich and famous.




3. I lied about the pizza in a foreign country - Italian pizza is AWESOME! Maybe it's just the French that suck.

4. The girl who was taking a picture of the foaming-at-the-mouth stray cat is retarded. Who gets that close for a picture of a stray?

5. We miss American food. Who would have thought I would beg for a taco time?

6. San marco is pretty sweet.





7. I could never live in Venice! It takes twice as long to get anywhere because the boats are SO much slower than driving.




Knives and briefcases...?



BAHAHA! I almost died when I saw this!



I wish our street signs were this cool...


 Joel and I stumbled upon this musical museum that had some instruments played by famous Italians. There was one as old as 700 AD!



1 comment:

Emilee said...

I love those Venetian masks!!! I want to see yours. Your pictures are so beautiful! what great memories.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.