Monday, January 5, 2009

Anniversary. Christmas. New Year.

Well, the break was wonderful! It was filled with family and games and happiness. The anniversary was awesome! Joel took me to the Anniversary Inn in Logan and we stayed in the Hollywood Romance Room! I think the TV was twice my size...So So cool. Joel it the best husband in the world, and he treats me so incredibly well! I could never ask for anyone more incredible! It's been a year, and I just keep loving him more and more every day.
Christmas was so amazing and New Years was just as good. The Vegas Show got canceled, so I didn't get to do that :( but it turned out to be good because I got to spend a lot more time with my family and friends. Joel and I did end up going to Vegas this last weekend because my parents bought us tickets to go see the Beatles "Love" show by Cirque du Soleil! It was so incredible! I could tell you all of the cool things that we saw in the show, but it certainly wouldn't do the show any justice! We're never going back to Vegas again though...I don't know how people can be there all the time. Poor Joel...we would just be driving somewhere and the truck in front of us would have pictures that were extremely inappropriate, and what are you to do? Close your eyes? It was awful in that sense.
By the way, never stay at the Stratosphere in Vegas. On friday night, Joel and I went to bed and everything was fine until 4 am. The rooms were connected by those doors that conjoin the rooms, and the next door neighbors were anything but quiet! Two girls had hired a male stripper...they were so drunk and we thought that it would pass. YEAH RIGHT! So, we called the front desk to tell them to shut up, and they did, but because we could hear everything in the room, we heard them laugh at the front desk and hang up the phone. great...we tried banging on the walls and yelling through the door, but nothing was getting them to keep their promiscuous activities at a low. So, at 430 we called again and Joel just asked if we could have a different room, and we got and upgraded room 3 floors up. Finally, at 5 or so we were all moved into our new room and ready for bed. We will never ever go back to Vegas again. We don't care how good a show is, nothing is worth being in that armpit of a city. Joel affectionately called it "Sin City".
However, everything else about the break was amazing! Joel's parents gave us rock band and a nice bookshelf, both of which have been put to very good use. Joel got me this awesome hat that I wear way too often, but it is so cute! I can't get myself to stop wearing it :) Also, Joel and I decided to start over on the Book of Mormon, with it being a new year, and we decided to read it in order of when the books were written. I'm really excited about that, and it's been great so far. We hope that everyone had an amazing break and a good Christmas and New Years!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Vegas is crazy. We went last summer and Trent tried using the philosophy of "keeping your eyes down," but they had the "inappropriate" leaflets all over the sidewalk.

Sounds like an awesome break...and I love the hat. You are so stylish.

Macee said...

Wow I can't believe you have been married a year! Congratulations on everything!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.