Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Good Weekend

Well, I passed my test on Friday. For those of you who don't know, here's how my tests work. I have classes that are usually taken over a semester taken in 2 weeks. So, every other week I have a final. A 90% is passing rate, if you don't pass the friday test, then you come back on Monday to take it again. If you don't pass on Monday, you come back in the summer to take it again. If you don't pass in the summer...you're out. So, needless to say, school is super stressful. I go to school from 8 - 3 and then study from then until about 9 or 9:30 then go to bed and do the same thing the next day. GRAD SCHOOL IS SO HARD!
So, because I passed my test on Friday, I had a three day weekend - if you pass Friday test, you don't have to come the next Monday because that's the day for retesting. Joel and I went to Spencer's lacrosse games in Draper, and they were awesome! I love lacrosse! I've decided this is my new favorite sport. Everyone gets to be a star. You get to wear a cool helmet like football, it's really fast - paced like basketball, it's hard to score like soccer, and you can beat people up! It is the best sport ever. And, I must say, that Spencer is pretty good. He plays goalie, and still gets to hit people...so cool.
On Saturday, I had dance practice with my team in Heber. So, Joel and I went to Heber for the morning, and then went with my cousins to this place called Dairy Keen. They had really good shakes! I was very happy :) We then went to visit my cute little cousin Carson and my Uncle Shane in Kamas for a few hours. This was followed by some ping pong and serious guitar hero. Joel and I went to walmart to get Indiana Jones and a roast for dinner on Sunday.
On Sunday, Joel and I made Sopes. They were wonderful! My family loves them, even though my Suegra is cute and says that most white people don't like real Mexican food :) Then, Joel and I and Mike and his girlfriend Shaundra went to temple square and watched the Joseph Smith movie. It was good, like always. We again went to my parents and played ping pong and guitar hero and went to bed.
Yesterday, Joel had work so I went to IHOP with my dad and Spencer. It was so good! I love IHOP! Then Spencer and I went to Boondocks to play some video games - we won 800 tickets! I was able to get some cool red fuzzy dice! YES! Then I looked through some of my Spanish grammar cards for a few hours...and then Joel came over and we all went to go and pick up my mom and sister from the airport. They were in DC with some friends there. We talked, had pizza, and went home.
It was a great weekend! Joel and I got to spend a lot of time together! It was wonderful :)

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.