Saturday, November 5, 2011

Samuel Cruz Alba - Guelito Vol.1


Samuel Cruz Alba is Joel's grandfather on his dad's side of the family. He is one of the sweetest men that I have ever known. I know that I only knew him for 5 short years, but I feel like I have known him for a lifetime. Earlier this year, Guelito passed on from this life to the next. I have been postpoing writing about this due to the fact that Joel has taken his passing very hard. I didn't want to remind him of how sad he was when he passed. It has been almost 6 months, and I feel the time is right to write about this amazing man. I wanted to show his viewing in black and white to focus on the passing of our dear Guelito.
From the moment I met him, he made me feel like I was a part of the family - like he loved me. Both he and Guelita have been so good to me. They have always made me feel a welcome addition to la familia. That's how he lived his life. All of the good qualities that a person should have in life, he had. Goodness, that is, in essence, what he was. He was such a strong man, and gave love and hope to everyone he met. I don't have enough good things to say about him. Most importantly, he loved my husband dearly. They had the sweetest relationship.  He provided Joel with an example of how to live and love life. Joel used to love joking around with him. Even in his last days, he was always good for a laugh. This world has lost an amazing man. He has been greatly missed and we anxiously await the day when we can see him again. 
Te amo, Guelito.
































Guelito + Guelita = Love

2 comments:

AllisonK said...

such lovely photos of a difficult time!

Love both of you.

Jessica said...

Your pictures are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.