Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Cruise to the Mediterranean - Monte Carlo



Joel and I both graduate this year, so we decided that we would take a big trip to celebrate! We took a 12-day cruise to the Mediterranean. I will do 1 post per place we went to so as to not OVERLOAD a post. Not that it is a surprise, but I took SO MANY PICTURES! I will try to limit the number I post...NOT. We all know how that would be - I would say I limited it and you would see 30 photos...but what you don't know is that I narrowed the # from 400 to 30. That's pretty awesome, I think. Well, the first port we went to was Monte Carlo, Monaco, France. GORGEOUS! We were particularly enthralled with this place because it was the first port. But, it is beautiful regardless. Here are some things that we experienced in Monaco.

1.  Never order pizza in a foreign country. You may or may not get cheese on it that tastes like vomit.

2. Everyone smokes. This is why they have a defibrillator every mile or so.


3. Go to the be bathroom before leaving the boat. You may get diarrhea and have to pay a Euro to use their bathroom.

4. Never order water to drink. They will charge you 3,50 Euro for a bottle of water.


5. One of the best things about not drinking is that you get to watch the 40-50 (sometimes 80) year old women trying to dance like hoochies at 1 am.

6. Don't ask the guard at the palace to take a picture of him. Just do it when he isn't looking.



The Opera House 

Never seen SO many expensive cars. The Ferrari's were cheap.











Gelato.

Darth Vader?




Japanese Gardens



Saint Nicholas Cathedral - Grace Kelly is burried here :)

1 comment:

Jenny Alama said...

Jess... you are making me CRAVE going to Europe again!!! I am so jealous of you! I've never been to Monaco but it is definitely on the list of places to go now (if I can ever afford it! haha) Can't wait to see more!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.